Thursday, October 4, 2012

Substitute Certification

So, one of the first things I decided to go for is the easiest.  My certification to be a substitute in Missouri Public Schools through the state's Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE).   In the past, as long as you had 60 college credit hours a district could hire you as a sub.  Now, it is a more formal process not that unsimilar to applying for teacher certification (less requirements, but the process is the same).

I checked the status of my application yesterday and it said "Pending Background Check".  I was told those take 7-10 days so didn't think much of it.  My application showed my transcripts (from both St Charles Community College and Washington University)  were received and verified on September 28.

Today I checked the status again (being the least patient person when it comes to this kind of stuff).  Now it says pending transcripts.  What?!  I looked at the details of the application and it still shows my transcripts received and verified on September 29.  It shows my background check was cleared yesterday (October 3).  I wonder why it now shows a transcript message.

I have resolved to be a good girl and wait until Monday.  If it still shows "waiting for transcripts," I will contact them.

Not that it is a big deal or that I am just turning down substitute jobs based on lack of certification. I just want to at least feel like I accomplished the first certification and it will inspire me toward the others.


No comments:

Post a Comment